NAMI Basics is an educational program for parents and caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses. It covers the fundamentals of caring for yourself, for your family and for your child.
NAMI Basics meets for six 2.5 hour sessions. Information and resources are provided at no cost to the participants.
NAMI Basics provides:
- Up-to-date information on a range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain
- Current research on treatments including evidence-based therapies, medications and side-effects
- Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system and juvenile justice system
- Skills related to managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
- Confidence for life-long understanding and support
2019 NAMI St. Louis Basics Teacher Training
Start Date: Saturday, August 3, 2019
End Date: Sunday, August 4, 2019
Location: NAMI St. Louis Office – Judevine Conference Room 2nd Floor
1810 Craig Road
St. Louis, MO 63146
Application Deadline: Friday, July 19, 2019
To Apply: NAMI St. Louis Basics Teacher Application
For more information contact Joyce Johnston at 314-962-4670 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
End Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Time: 6:30 – 9:00 pm
Location: Grace United Church of Christ
8326 Mexico Road, St. Peters,MO 63376