NAMI Basics is an educational program for parents and caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses. It covers the fundamentals of caring for yourself, for your family and for your child.
NAMI Basics meets for six 2.5 hour sessions. Information and resources are provided at no cost to the participants.
NAMI Basics provides:
- Up-to-date information on a range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain
- Current research on treatments including evidence-based therapies, medications and side-effects
- Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system and juvenile justice system
- Skills related to managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
- Confidence for life-long understanding and support
Upcoming 2017 Classes:
ST. PETERS Flyer CLICK HERE TO REGISTER – Please note new start date!
Start Date: Monday, September 25, 2017
End Date: Monday, November 6, 2017 – No Class on 10/09/17
Time: 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: Calvary Church – Room MR109
3998 Mid Rivers Mall Dr, St. Peters, MO 63376
Must live in St. Charles County. Childcare is provided upon request with registration.
Anyone attending all 6 classes will receive a $20 gift card!
For information about upcoming classes use the form below.