NAMI Basics is an educational program for parents and caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses. It covers the fundamentals of caring for yourself, for your family and for your child.
NAMI Basics meets for six 2.5 hour sessions. Information and resources are provided at no cost to the participants.
NAMI Basics provides:
- Up-to-date information on a range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain
- Current research on treatments including evidence-based therapies, medications and side-effects
- Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system and juvenile justice system
- Skills related to managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
- Confidence for life-long understanding and support
Upcoming Basics Classes:
Start Date: Thursday, September 12, 2019
End Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2019
Time: 6:00 – 8:30 pm
Location: Manchester United Methodist Church – Room 223
129 Woods Mill Road, Manchester, MO 63011