NAMI Basics On Demand
NAMI Basics is an educational program for parents and caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses. It covers the fundamentals of caring for yourself, for your family and for your child.
NAMI Basics meets for six 2.5 hour sessions. Information and resources are provided at no cost to the participants.
NAMI Basics provides:
- Up-to-date information on a range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain
- Current research on treatments including evidence-based therapies, medications and side-effects
- Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system and juvenile justice system
- Skills related to managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
- Confidence for life-long understanding and support
Due to COVID-19 all in-person classes are suspended.
NAMI Basics is now available online through NAMI Basics OnDemand.
To register for NAMI Basics on Demand, CLICK HERE.
The OnDemand program is also guided by parents and family members with lived experience but is self-paced and available 24/7. OnDemand offers the flexibility of participating in the course on your schedule. Both formats provide identical information, strategies and the opportunity to connect with other parents and caregivers.
If you are in need of an online support group during this time please check out our Basics Support Group page on www.namistl.org/support-groups/basic-support-groups/.