- This event has passed.
Online Family & Friends Seminar
December 30, 2020 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm CST
NAMI Family & Friends is a free two-hour seminar that informs people who have loved ones with a mental health condition how to best support them. It’s also an opportunity to meet other people in similar situations and gain community support. Registration required, please register below.
What You’ll Learn
The seminar is led by trained people with lived experience of supporting a family member with a mental health condition. They will walk you through the following topics.
- Understanding diagnoses, treatment and recovery
- Effective communication strategies
- The importance of self-care
- Crisis preparation strategies
- NAMI and community resources