A Message from NAMI St. Louis
To our NAMI community in St Louis,
We are in uncertain times as we all adapt to risks that the COVID-19 virus presents to our community. We continue to closely monitor and follow guidance from the Health Department and the CDC regarding our events.
As of current guidance, we are proceeding with NAMI St. Louis classes, presentations and support groups until further guidance. However, we understand that people may opt to not attend or may need accommodations. We are exploring ways to provide our programming online. We will keep you posted.
At this point, we intend to move forward with the walk on May 2nd. As individuals and families directly affected by mental illness, we spend most of the year fighting stigma and fighting systems built to trample our resolve. In absence of specific guidance, we hesitate to cancel an event where we actually get to celebrate what we’ve collectively achieved and build enthusiasm for the work left to be done.
Here are additional precautions that NAMI St. Louis encourages everyone to follow:
- Avoiding handshakes and other close personal contact.
- Frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitizer.
- Staying home if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of an infection such as cold or flu.
- Staying home if you or a loved one have an underlying health condition that puts you at risk, such as heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease.
- Following other advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html).
NAMI St. Louis recognizes the ambiguity and anxiety that we all are experiencing as public health officials determine whether schools and workplaces should close and whether public gatherings should continue.
We will continue to monitor guidance from public health officials and send updates as warranted. Please contact NAMI St. Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-962-4670 with questions and concerns. This email will be accessible to all NAMI St. Louis staff.
Stay well and wash your hands,
Christine Patterson, Ph.D.
Pronouns: she/her/hers What’s this?
NAMI St. Louis
1810 Craig Road, Suite 124
St. Louis, MO 63146
Save the DATE for the 18th Annual NAMIWalks St. Louis on Saturday, May 2nd 2020 at Chesterfield Central Park.