NAMI Basics is an educational program for parents and caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses. It covers that fundamentals of caring for yourself, for your family and for your child.
NAMI Basics meets for six 2.5 hour sessions. Information and resources are provided at no cost to the participants.
NAMI Basics provides:
- Up-to-date information on a range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain
- Current research on treatments including evidence-based therapies, medications and side-effects
- Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system and juvenile
- Skills related to managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively
- Confidence for life-long understanding and support
Upcoming 2017 Classes:
Please check back for classes coming in 2017!